View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 16, 2021, 10:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Generally agree. Going where there is not space between two defenders or one defender and a boundary line, the dribbler has greater responsibility for the contact. But just having greater responsibility does not itself confirm a call; you still have to judge the contact in full context. For example, was one of the defenders illegally impeding the ball handler while they tried to move though the tight space? Block. Or, while it may not be philosophically popular among some assigners (and coaches!), sometimes a no-call is the right outcome here (just having greater responsibility does not automatically infer an offensive foul).

Two cents: I think that situation between defender and boundary line is more often mis-called (i.e. as a foul on the defender). I’ve been guilty of that myself sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*Thanks for the clarity; do you think that self awareness of this tendency will lead to a change? I believe that in order to really nail this type of call you got to be in perfect position-- dare I say to anticipate the imminent action.