Thread: Disconcerting ?
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 02, 2021, 03:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Disconcertion ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... we have never had anyone in my area assert that you should penalize a bench for disconcertion. This has been addressed multiple ways over the years and basically tells the bench to "knock it off" based on a free throw situation and then if they do not comply use the tools you have to stop it ...
When in Rome ...

One problem in Rome: You give bench personnel (especially in the first half) one free "pass". Free throw shooter is going through his routine preparing to shoot (only one, or first of multiple shots) and at the exact point of release everybody on the opposing bench yells "MISS" at the top of their lungs which obviously startles and distracts the shooter who throws an airball. After that the Roman official tells the bench to "knock it off", but the shot still missed, he and his team still didn't get the point, and he still doesn't get a "do-over" for the missed airball (as he would with a delayed violation for a distraction from an opponent).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)