View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 31, 2020, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There is no intentional foul in college. And there is a situation where they can if there is an injury and a flagrant foul being called. So that is where they get that from, just like coaches think the ball hitting the backboard first means you have a goaltending violation. There is a little more nuance to the rule and some specifics that most do not understand. I just tell a coach that they are trying to have us enforce a college rule and leave it at that. Usually, that ends the conversation or they do not have enough knowledge to continue to win that argument.

And for clarity purposes I added this.

In NCAA Men's rules, if a player is injured, the opposing head coach can choose amongst the 4 players left on the court to shoot the free throws.

If the injury is when there is a flagrant foul, the player's head coach can choose any player or team member to shoot the free throws.

If the player that is injured is bleeding, then the head coach of that player can decide to put in the substitute to shoot the free throws.

All stated under Rule 8-3.3. I am not going into that kind of detail with a high school coach that thinks he has the same privileges.

Peace
There was no injury or blood in the OP so your point is moot. Intentional fouls and F1 fouls are enforced exactly the same way. Bringing “college rules” into this discussion with the coach serves no purpose.

It’s okay to admit you were wrong.