View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 29, 2020, 01:56pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Screwed Up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Billy, you've been reffing way too long and been involved in way too many rules discussions not to know frontcourt/backcourt status. I find it extremely hard to believe you didn't know the proper ruling for this play.
I was concentrating on whether, or not, this was a "three points" dribbling across the division line situation, and after determining that it was not, let my guard down, didn't followup and think it through, and screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
What you're saying is that for your entire career you thought that a player holding a ball while straddling a division line had frontcourt status.
When observing a player straddling the division line, I always think about the order that the feet hit the floor, and the pivot foot, which didn't really apply here.

Hey, at least I was smart enough to know what I didn't know, that I wasn't 100% sure of my answer, and to bring my question to the Forum for continuing education.

Plus there were too many confusing lines on the court. And there was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn’t my fault, I swear to God!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Dec 29, 2020 at 02:40pm.