Thread: Rule 3-7 Safety
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 18, 2020, 09:10am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
This isn't about a culture of diversity, it is simply question about a potential safety issue. If something is safe or unsafe, it doesn't matter who it is. The question and answer would be the same if the person were of some other demographic. No need to try to make it something it isn't.
It actually is. You can say it is not, but it is. When you pick and choose what is allowed and who is allowed to do things. You clearly do not know how institutional discrimination works. IT works because you have people that do not care or understand differences and then use policies that could discriminate or make policy that says one thing cannot be done while ignoring another situation that might be similar. Now I am not saying that the NF committee is responsible for this specifically, but again we have a debate over one hairstyle and not the other in the very same picture and why is that? Who is making those decisions on what is safe? Is there a specific example given by those in power of the rulebook to state what should be done either way? You said the life experience of these individuals, but I am sure you do not know all the life experiences of every person on the Committee (one is from my state BTW).

Remember, an official got in a little bit of trouble in another sport interpreting a rule on hair and was widely debunked by his state organization and the public for that action. If the NF does not want to have confusion, they can put out stuff saying exactly what they mean. But I also put more responsibility on states because they have to deal with the fall out more than the NF. Kind of why you do not see rules on religious expression in certain places rules adhered to the same way the rules state.

Peace