Thread: Rule 3-7 Safety
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 18, 2020, 04:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
And you are missing my point. It is about style because people are making it about only certain people and not others. I never said a thing about the length of the hair alone. Just funny how people find one style an issue and never even raise the issue of someone they are accepting of. Not everyone's hair is the same texture either. So this is very subjective and often seen by certain people as a problem where others like myself would not find a problem. Also, people that write the rules never have been specific about this, and unless I am missing something we have individuals making these decisions. And sorry I do not trust the NF rules writers about understanding culture and having world experience any more than I would trust those that say they have an issue with a hairstyle, because it comes with inherent bias and often lack of understanding. The same reason that schools set rules for what is a natural hairstyle and not allowing kids or students to reflect on their culture. I typically do not see a lot of diversity in those that write the rules of sports either. And diversity is not always the color of your skin or even gender. It is what you understand or where you are from as much as anything.

Peace
This isn't about a culture or diversity, it is simply question about a potential safety issue. If something is safe or unsafe, it doesn't matter who it is. The question and answer would be the same if the person were of some other demographic. No need to try to make it something it isn't.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Fri Dec 18, 2020 at 04:16am.