Thread: Rule 3-7 Safety
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 17, 2020, 10:57am
Esteemed Forum Member

Differences In Culture ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not trust the NF rules writers about understanding culture and having world experience any more than I would trust those that say they have an issue with a hairstyle, because it comes with inherent bias and often lack of understanding ... I typically do not see a lot of diversity in those that write the rules of sports either. And diversity is not always the color of your skin or even gender. It is what you understand or where you are from as much as anything.
At least the NFHS recognizes some differences in cultures:

3-5-4-B: For religious reasons – In the event there is documented evidence provided to the state association that a participant may not expose his/her uncovered head, the state association may approve a covering or wrap which is not abrasive, hard or dangerous to any other player and which is attached in such a way it is highly unlikely it will come off during play.

3-5-7: Jewelry is prohibited. Religious and medical-alert medals are not considered jewelry. A religious medal must be taped and worn under the uniform. A medical-alert medal must be taped and may be visible.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Dec 17, 2020 at 11:40am.