Thread: Rule 3-7 Safety
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 16, 2020, 07:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
You are missing the "point". It isn't about length. It isn't about specific styles in general. It is about something that is an obvious safety issue. You don't see the above style because it is rare to start with but it would be unsafe to the other participants. That is why the rule exists. People that write the rules have enough world experience to know that such styles do exist and want to allow officials the tools the deal with them if they appear on the court.
And you are missing my point. It is about style because people are making it about only certain people and not others. I never said a thing about the length of the hair alone. Just funny how people find one style an issue and never even raise the issue of someone they are accepting of. Not everyone's hair is the same texture either. So this is very subjective and often seen by certain people as a problem where others like myself would not find a problem. Also, people that write the rules never have been specific about this, and unless I am missing something we have individuals making these decisions. And sorry I do not trust the NF rules writers about understanding culture and having world experience any more than I would trust those that say they have an issue with a hairstyle, because it comes with inherent bias and often lack of understanding. The same reason that schools set rules for what is a natural hairstyle and not allowing kids or students to reflect on their culture. I typically do not see a lot of diversity in those that write the rules of sports either. And diversity is not always the color of your skin or even gender. It is what you understand or where you are from as much as anything.

Peace