Thread: Rule 3-7 Safety
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 14, 2020, 04:34pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Chantilly Lace And Pretty Face And A Pony Tail A-Hangin' Down ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
3-5-4d ... Rule 3-7 ...
Safety Is Number One Priority.

3-7: The referee must not permit any team member to participate if in his/her judgment any item constitutes a safety concern, such as, but not limited to, a player’s fingernails or hairstyle.

3-5-4-D: Rubber, cloth or elastic bands may be used to control hair. Hard items, including, but not limited to, beads, barrettes and bobby pins, are prohibited. Hair-control devices are not required to meet color restrictions.

I've added another citation just for fun. I've actually had this situation twice over the years.

2005-06 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretations Situation 9: A1 recovers a loose ball on the playing court near the sideline, with his/her body entirely in bounds. However, A1's head is hovering out of bounds and his/her hair (which is in a long ponytail) is touching the floor, out of bounds. RULING: A1 is called for the out-of-bounds violation. (7-1-1; 7-1-2; 9-3-1)

The Big Bopper,1958
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)