View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 11, 2020, 09:25am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBleach85 View Post
Let's look at the positioning of the crew on this play. The center has the best look and the only look on this play. With all the players in the trail's primary, this would be a great time for the center to have a strong call. A lot of crews talk about having a strong "C" to make the game better and this is one of those situations where the Center should have a call on the backcourt violations(s). If it's not the first because they couldn't deem where the player's feet are when the ball is touched/possed then definitely on the second instance where the players has both feet in the frontcourt then tips the ball, the ball has frontcourt status, and then goes to backcourt status when it possed/touched by another offensive player. This would be a great crew save to have.
We get so caught up in "primary coverage areas" when really there is no one in a transition situation or we have to extend what our initial responsibility is because of the nature of angles we have. This would have been a great call for the C in this play and really the only person that should see this clearly based on the location of all the officials and the place the players are on the court. This should not have been missed and I am mainly talking about the second pass. The first pass was very close and debatable even though I think this is a BC violation because the player touched the ball with FC status and then touched the BC. But I would not hold anyone's feet to the fire on that one without better positioning like the C being tableside and it happens in front of him.

Peace