View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 04, 2020, 02:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Both Feet Off The Floor ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpferee View Post
9-9-3 ...
NFHS:

During a jump ball, throw-in or while on defense, a player may legally jump from his/her frontcourt, secure control of the ball with both feet off the floor and return to the floor with one or both feet in the backcourt. The player may make a normal landing and it makes no difference whether the first foot down is in the frontcourt or backcourt.

9.9.1 SITUATION A: A1 catches the throw-in pass with one foot on the floor in A's frontcourt and the other foot not touching the floor. The non-pivot foot then comes down in A's backcourt. RULING: Violation. Player and team control are established in A's frontcourt when A1 catches the throw-in pass. The violation occurs when A1 subsequently touches the backcourt with the non-pivot foot. (4-12-6; 9-9-3)

9.9.1 SITUATION B: During a jump ball, A1 taps the ball. A2 takes off from Team A's frontcourt and catches the ball while in the air. A2 lands with: (a) both feet in frontcourt and then steps to backcourt with one foot; (b) one foot in backcourt and one in the frontcourt; or (c) both feet in the backcourt. RULING: Team control is not established until A2 catches the ball. Violation in (a). Legal in (b) and (c). (4-12-6; 9-9-3)

In my opinion White #4 secures the ball with one foot, his left foot, on the floor in frontcourt, followed by his right foot touching the floor in the backcourt.

Backcourt violation.

Then again, I only get this close to a college game when I buy a ticket, or watch the game on television.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Dec 05, 2020 at 05:56pm.