View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 02, 2020, 11:51am
Esteemed Forum Member

One And Done ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... they changed the mechanic ... unbeknownst to me. I just noticed the change ...
While preparing to teach my local board's mechanics training sessions, I discovered that this trail initiated frontcourt rotation was was done away with after only appearing in the IAABO mechanics manual for a single year (2016-17).

When pressure is applied in the frontcourt, near farther sideline in Trail’s PCA, Trail may rotate beyond the basketline toward or to farther sideline to provide the maximum coverage. As a result of Trail rotating, Lead may rotate across the basketline, changing the Lead’s new PCA, field of vision cone, and line responsibility.

I never actually did this, but it would have been nice if somebody told me that the mechanic was changed after existing for only one year. I don't know who to blame, IAABO International, or my state, or local board, for not announcing the change. Of course it's also my fault for not reading the entire manual every single year (as I've been advised to do to prevent not being aware of things like this) and for me assuming that if mechanics changes weren't announced that there were no mechanics changes.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Dec 02, 2020 at 12:03pm.