View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 01, 2020, 11:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

And So On And So On And Scooby Dooby Doo-Bee Ooh Sha Sha ...

Everyday People (Sly And The Family Stone, 1968)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
After an official disallows a goal for a basket interference violation, he/she shall report the cancelled goal to the scorer from within the designated reporting area.
No. Page 72, Graphic Narrative - New for 2020-21
Manual: Reporting Area: All table communication. To enhance communication and to avoid errors and mistakes, the official shall report each foul, time-out, warning, etc., to the scorer from within the designated reporting area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
If I saw an official jog to the report area to report BI like he's reporting a foul, I would probably choke on my whistle from laughing.
In a real game, as the trail, I would take a few steps toward (not necessarily all the way into) the reporting area (to an open area) to allow or disallow a basket for basket interference or goaltending.

To defend my incorrect answer, one would think that allowing or disallowing a basket for basket interference or goaltending would fall under the category of "etc." to enhance communication and to avoid errors and mistakes ... foul, time-out, warning, etc.

Allowing or disallowing a basket seems like pretty important information to communicate(e) ... to avoid errors and mistakes.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Dec 01, 2020 at 01:43pm.