Thread: Dark Winter ...
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 20, 2020, 11:32am
Esteemed Forum Member

Things Can And Will Change A Lot ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The CIAC Board of Control acted to postpone all winter sports to January 19, 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
If there is interscholastic basketball in Connecticut (a big if), I'll wait until I see what the protocols are, and then decide. We (Connecticut) already know that the players (if they play) will be wearing masks. I'd like to wear a mask (the CDC now believes that masks can also protect the wearer) and use an electronic whistle. I'd also like to see no street clothes (come to the gym in uniform) and no jackets being taken on and off. No getting to the gym early, or staying late, to observe previous, or subsequent games (get in, get out, get paid). Rule changes should be in place so that the officials never handle the ball (free throws, throwins, no jump ball). No pregame captains/coaches meeting. Partner pregame conference on the court (not the locker room) six feet apart. Halftime on the court.
Local Zoom meeting last night. Things can and will change a lot until January 19 when interscholastic basketball is tentatively scheduled to begin here in Connecticut, but here's what we've got so far:

1) Players and officials will be required to wear masks. Masks will have no color restrictions.
2) Most schools will not be making locker rooms available to officials, so most of us will be showing up in uniform.
3) Electronic whistles have been approved, as have whistle shields and whistle pouches (bags), but regular whistles with or without shields or pouches must be used under masks.
4) Pregame captains/coaches meeting will only involve the referee (no umpire), the head coach, and only one captain.
5) The will be jump balls to start games and no changes are planned for free throws and throwins.
6) Schools will decide how many spectators will be allowed to attend.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Nov 20, 2020 at 06:25pm.