View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 18, 2020, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
This question appeared twice. I guess it's very important we all know what a MF is since it gets called so often.

A situation in which two or more teammates commit personal fouls against the same opponent at approximately the same time is known as:

A) A multiple foul.
B) A double foul.
C) A simultaneous foul.
D) An intentional foul.
E) A false double foul.

The premise of this question is wrong as the act described in the question is BI, not GT.

If a goaltending violation is penalized for touching the ball entering the basket from below:

A) The basket counts if the violation is by the defense.
B) No points are scored, regardless of the violating team.
C) The ball is awarded to a team based on the alternating-possession arrow.
D) None of the above.

Is there anything in the Case Book that defines "legally enters the court" as having both feet on the court?

A substitute becomes a player when:

A) He/she reports to the scorer.
B) He/she has both feet inside the playing court.
C) He/she is beckoned onto the court by an official.
D) All of the above.

I am pretty sure I got this one wrong.

It is an out-of-bounds violation if a player:

A) Leaves the court to avoid a screen.
B) Leaves the court to avoid a foul.
C) Leaves the court to avoid teammates.
D) All of the above.
E) None of the above.
The second question is inane. What purpose does it serve? You can't have goaltending on a ball entering the basket from below, because it is not a try, just like you cannot have goaltending on a throw-in.

I agree with you on #3. A substitute becomes a player when he/she legally enters the court, or if (s)he entered the court illegally, when the ball becomes live. However, that answer is nowhere to be seen. In addition, as BillyMac mentions, the question where the answer choices include intentional foul and personal foul as mutually exclusive makes no sense, because an intentional foul can be a personal foul if committed while the ball is live, or a technical foul if committed while the ball is dead. NFHS should get their act together and hire an editor who knows both the English language and basketball. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same stupid and poorly-written questions showing up over and over again.