Thread: Player Delays
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 14, 2020, 12:54pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Middle School Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
I still get a great deal of pleasure in officiating, even at sub-varsity levels. You too might find school sports rewarding.
With arthritis and bone spurs in my right ankle and a torn meniscus in my right knee, even with an ankle brace and a knee brace, I don't think I'll officiate another high school varsity game again.

But I am enjoying my middle school games (I'm retired from my day job so I'm available in the afternoons). I enjoy working with kids, I enjoy working with new officials, my assignment commissioner needs experienced officials like me in the afternoon, no games to observe before or after mine, most middle school coaches appreciate an experienced official on the court, I come and go in uniform, I'm home in time for dinner, middle school assignments are almost always very close to home, and the pay is decent ($64.93).

As a retired middle school science teacher, I'm also enjoying my time on our mechanics training committee.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)