View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 12, 2020, 09:13am
Esteemed Forum Member

Follow The Bouncing Ball ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
My local IAABO board doesn't tell us when IAABO makes changes in the International Mechanics Manual.

Officials must hand the ball to throwers on all frontcourt endline throw-ins. My answer: No. Hand or bounce. After thirty-eight years of always handing the ball on frontcourt endline throwins, they changed the mechanic two years ago, unbeknownst to me. I just noticed the change today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
... this year in my area we’re supposed to bounce all throw-ins to help with social distancing.
I hate it when IAABO International makes mechanics changes and doesn't publicize them. I'm on our mechanics training committee and just last week I told our trainees that they have to hand the ball on all front court endline throwins, the way it was for the first thirty-eight years that I officiated. Now I have to go to tonight's training meeting with my tail between my legs and tell the trainees, "Never mind".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)