View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 11, 2020, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetoy71 View Post
Although not specifically stated in the exam question, in real time and under actual game conditions the horn is likely going to sound and the clock will display all 0's. I tried to read the first sentence of the exam question and couldn't even do that in 4 seconds. I just don't see it as probable that any of the three officials are going to mentally process the made basket; the ball falling to the floor; the ball being swatted; blow a whistle and give the stop-clock signal and with any degree of certainty be able to say what the clock read when the ball was swatted into the bleachers. Without definitive knowledge, you can't put time back on the clock. Without time on the clock, you wouldn't shoot the free throws and the game is over. If you do put time back on the clock then I believe you're just guessing and you deserve the wrath of the coach if his player misses both free throws, his team turns the ball over, and he loses on a buzzer-beater 3.
You can do all that in 4 tenths of a second. Ball is likely still hasnt even hit its apex yet.