View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 11, 2020, 08:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

For IAABO Eyes Only ...

My local IAABO board doesn't tell us when IAABO makes changes in the International Mechanics Manual. I struggled a bit with these three IAABO Refresher Exam mechanics questions.

It's an open book exam and my local board not only allows, but encourages, collaboration.

My regular pizza and beer collaboration group is not meeting due to COVID.

How did I do?

4) After an official disallows a goal for a basket interference violation, he/she shall report the cancelled goal to the scorer from within the designated reporting area.

My answer: Yes.

5) When an official rules a violation, he/she should maintain the stop-the-clock signal while stepping toward the area of the violation, stop, then signal the type of violation.

My answer: No. Does not step toward the area of the violation.

6) When officials issue a warning, they should use a conversational tone and simply state “Coach this is your behavior warning,” and visually hold up one hand with the “stop sign.”

My answer: No. No "stop sign".

7) Officials must hand the ball to throwers on all frontcourt endline throw-ins.

My answer: No. Hand or bounce. After thirty-eight years of always handing the ball on frontcourt endline throwins, they changed the mechanic two years ago, unbeknownst to me. I just noticed the change today.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Nov 12, 2020 at 03:50pm.