View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 10, 2020, 03:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Unsporting Player Technical Foul ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
No...if it is enough to T at 4 seconds, it is enough to T at 4 minutes. Sometimes, you just have to referee.
On a ball obviously premeditatedly and intentionally tossed into the bleachers (or kicked into the rafters) to stop the clock, or to allow the new defense to set up a press, regardless of score, or time remaining, I agree.

My immediate impulse in a real game would be to charge an unsporting player technical foul (and record a written delay warning) that doesn't have the requirement of a prior written warning.

Now change the situation to a ball slightly tapped away a few feet, which may not have been obviously intentional, or obviously premeditated, maybe add a little five second over/under for fun, or don't, and we may be entering a gray area? Maybe make this (just slightly tapped, not tossed, not kicked, not swatted "into the bleachers") a question on a written exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Sometimes, you just have to referee.
That's why we get paid the big bucks, not to take a written exam, but to get out on the court to officiate a real life game.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Nov 11, 2020 at 11:36am.