Thread: Player Delays
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 10, 2020, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Wish I had some kind of clout in the NCAA officiating world, because I would not mind being part of some kind of rules committee at that level. I'm amazed at the lack of attention to detail.

As things stand now, between missing most of last season with a knee injury and not wanting to officiate this year because of all the COVID safeguards and restrictions that make officiating not fun, I might be headed off to retirement.

I actually contracted CV-19 from my wife and have fully recovered, so I'm not concerned about catching it. All the interpersonal stuff I enjoy about officiating is pretty much going to be eliminated for this season and I think I will have lost all my fire by the time next season rolls around.

I haven't even looked at any of the rule changes nor did I take the NCAA test and I'm not taking the high school test.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I find myself not missing it as much as I thought I would, either. I talked to a friend who assigns high school recently and he thinks that is a very common sentiment - i.e. officials realize they don't miss it as much as they thought they would, so many will end up just calling it quits thus making the shortage even worse.

Don't blame you at all if you end up deciding to hang it up, but glad to know you recovered nicely from your illness and injury.