Thread: Player Delays
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 09, 2020, 08:57pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Didn't want to revive an old thread, but I dug up the below thread while noticing an editorial change in the NCAA-M rules. Raymond, looks like Art Hyland made the editorial change you noted was necessary based on 9-4.3.

c. Player Delays.
1. Repeatedly delaying the game by preventing the ball from being promptly put into play, such as delaying the administration of a throw-in or free throw by engaging in a team huddle anywhere on the playing court (See Rule 10-4.1.h) or repeatedly having any part of their person beyond the vertical inside plane of any boundary line before the ball has crossed that boundary line. (See Rule 9-4.3))

https://forum.officiating.com/basket...-warnings.html
Wish I had some kind of clout in the NCAA officiating world, because I would not mind being part of some kind of rules committee at that level. I'm amazed at the lack of attention to detail.

As things stand now, between missing most of last season with a knee injury and not wanting to officiate this year because of all the COVID safeguards and restrictions that make officiating not fun, I might be headed off to retirement.

I actually contracted CV-19 from my wife and have fully recovered, so I'm not concerned about catching it. All the interpersonal stuff I enjoy about officiating is pretty much going to be eliminated for this season and I think I will have lost all my fire by the time next season rolls around.

I haven't even looked at any of the rule changes nor did I take the NCAA test and I'm not taking the high school test.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk