View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 09, 2020, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Thank you for your feedback. I hear you, and some others are saying the same thing. I have read it through and I interpret it differently. Allow me to explain.

I think we have to judge whether or not team B is making an effort to throw-in.

If no team B player is making an effort to throw-in, A's interfering with the ball should be ignored since its only purpose is to stop the clock.

If a team B player is making an effort to throw-in, meaning a B player has the ball at his disposal, A's interference with the ball would be a technical foul.

I'll also reference the Intent and Purpose of the Rules on Page 8 just prior to Rule 1.

"...it is important to know the intent and purpose of a rule so that it may be intelligently applied in each play situation. A player or team should not be permitted an advantage which is not intended by a rule."

If we penalize with a technical foul, the clock stops. Why should team A be rewarded for an unsporting act to purposefully stop the clock and have a chance to win a game that would otherwise be over as I believe is the intent of the Comment in 9.2.10 Sit. A?

I don't mean to be combative. If I'm wrong, I need to be convinced so that I can take the information to our association. I'm not convinced, yet.