View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 29, 2020, 12:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Face Value ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
The point of the 2 dead ball foul situations is to show that the fouls have to be ruled technical fouls, not personal fouls. Since the level of contact is not described, it is really moot and useless to debate the officials' judgment on these plays. Hopefully competent officials in this forum already know the contact has to be judged as intentional and/or flagrant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
And the first one is to point out that it is a backcourt violation under 9-9-2 to pass the ball from the backcourt, off the backboard in the frontcourt, and be the first to touch the ball in the backcourt again. This is no different than throwing a pass across the court from A1 in the backcourt to A2 in the backcourt and having the ball bounce in the front court during the pass.
Agree. It appears that Nevadaref, who I believe to be a competent official, took a more subjective and editorial view of these three situations. In the first situation a "long pass", not a try, is described. In the second situation an "intentional … foul", not a common foul, is described.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)