Thread: NCAAW Test
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 26, 2020, 03:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

When In Rome ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If neither of you work the level, then it is really silly to comment on what should or should not take place at that level.
Maybe you're right, because I don't know what I don't know.

Taking a high school open book exam by one's self and then comparing and discussing answers with others who have also already taken the open book exam is collaborative learning. Same thing if an answer sheet is involved.

Getting a few guys together with pizza and beer and discussing and answering high school open book exam questions together is also collaborative learning. Same thing if an answer sheet is involved.

When a guy who hasn't cracked a high school rulebook and hasn't actually yet taken the open book exam and simply phones a friend who has already taken the open book exam and the guy gets all the answers from that friend who may, or may not, have an answer sheet, and then the guy submits those answers without even reading the questions and answers; that guy is not really involved any form of collaborative learning, and may be considered to be cheating.

Last situation (maybe any of the three situations) are probably not true for all high school officials. When in Rome ... It's certainly frowned upon here in my little corner of Connecticut, where not getting a passing grade (80%) on the open book exam means one has to attend single location, one time only, remedial class, or not receive assignments for the upcoming season.

A few years ago I observed two veteran officials shoot one and one free throws with rebounders on the lane lines in a game with a fifteen point differential with 0:00 on the game clock at the end of the fourth period and with the game ending horn sounding.

I wonder how these two guys "collaborate" on their annual refresher exams? Neither official said, "Hey, wait a minute ...".

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Oct 26, 2020 at 05:32pm.