View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 24, 2020, 08:06am
Esteemed Forum Member

Stupid NFHS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
SITUATION 3: A1, who is dribbling the ball, is intentionally fouled as the signal to end the third quarter sounds. The official administers the free throws as a part of the third quarter and starts the fourth quarter by awarding the throw-in at the spot nearest the spot of the intentional foul. Team B has the possession arrow. RULING: The official correctly administered the free throws as a part of the third quarter. The team will not get the benefit of throw-in at the division line because the quarter ended. No penalty or part of a penalty should be carried over to the next quarter or extra period except when a correctable error is involved. The fourth quarter should begin with a throw-in by Team B, which has the possession arrow. (4-19-3c; 5-6-2 EXCEPTION 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the confusing ruling in #3 yet. The ruling says the team will not get the benefit of the throw-in at the division line, when I believe what they meant to write is that the team will not get the benefit of the throw-in at the spot nearest the location of the international foul.
Nice catch crosscountry55.

Wow? So Team B, which has the possession arrow, starts the fourth quarter with throw-in at the spot nearest the spot of the intentional foul?

I guess that being half right is better than not being right at all?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 24, 2020 at 12:22pm.