Thread: NCAAW Test
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 23, 2020, 08:59am
Esteemed Forum Member

Collaboration Or Cheating ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Collaboration is a good thing until you get 3 people on a game that all got their answers from someone else.
On my high school board, with an actual paper IAABO Refresher Exam, open book, in the past we had dozens of meetings scheduled across our local area to compare answers, group leaders had the answer sheet, and one wasn't allowed into the meeting without a completed exam (group leader checked). Attending the meeting was mandatory (sign in and sign out sheets) to receive assignments for season, however passing the exam was not mandatory. It was a nice setup for collaboration (each question was discussed) and seemed to discourage cheating (copying answers).

That's changed. We now take an online IAABO Refresher Exam, open book, with no collaborative meetings scheduled to compare and check answers. And we have two attempts to get 80% of the questions correct. If we don't get 80% of the questions correct we must attend a single location, one time only, "Remedial" class, or not receive assignments for the season.

It's a setup that is ripe for cheating (copying answers).

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 23, 2020 at 11:12am.