View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 17, 2020, 12:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Who wrote these? They certainly leave a lot to be desired for what are supposed to be clarifying rulings.

#2, in the last sentence says "If either foot is moved" when it should say "either foot is lifted". In all other facets of the travel rule, a moved foot is one that is lifted and returned to the floor.

#4. Says the number can't be above the number, but that it has to be in the apex of the neckline. Isn't apex of the neckline above the number. Likewise for the shoulder area. It can be above the number but it has to be in a specific place above the number.

#5. Not actually supported by rule even though that is the commonly used interpretation. The rule actually says that you can't OBTAIN LGP with a foot OOB. It says nothing about maintaining LGP. This situation says that the defender obtained LGP and then stepped OOB. If that is what they want, the rule should be changed to say that.

#9. No problem with what it says, but I wish they'd change the rule about delaying the return inbounds to be a violation. It will almost never get calls as a T.
Aren't you directly tied to the NF? Can you find out who wrote these? And again this is why it is clear that are not officials on the commitee that either use their voice or participate in the material put out. These interpretations often cause confusion or have wording that is problematic. When I have said that you and others try to tell us there is nothing to see here. But then I see posts like this that contradict parts of rules or wording in these interpretations. And what really is funny how these will be used, but never are in the Casebooks or Simplified and Illustrated books which care interepretations.

Peace