View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 10, 2020, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlesAndStripes View Post
For as much criticism as the NFHS gets in this forum(and usually deservedly so), I’m just curious to know if any for7m members have ever served on or applied to serve on the NFHS Boafd or rules making committee. And I’ll admit in advance that I have not looked to see what the process to join either of these bodies is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't believe they take applications. The rules committee is made up of 1 representative from each of eight sections. Each section provides their rep, nominated by the state offices within their section. I believe the state that chooses for each section rotate each term among those that are 100% NFHS states. They are 4-year terms. The committee members may be officials or may be administrators.

Now that I am the State Rules Interpreter, I may try to be selected the next time Oregon's position in the rotation arises. There are 6 states in my section but at least 1 is not a 100% NFHS state. It could be more. It could be that Oregon only gets a 4-year term once every 20 years. We had someone on that committee only a few years ago so I may not get my chance anytime soon.