Thread: Ts and More Ts
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 30, 2020, 04:01pm
Esteemed Forum Member

How's That For Empathy ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
The seatbelt rule is the NFHS's worst rule and it's not even close.
I understand your pain, it does seem odd to "split hairs" and differentiate between intermissions (bench personnel) and timeouts (players), but the seatbelt rule is a great tool to have in our black tool belt to keep those sitting, or not sitting, on the bench, or in the bench area, including adult assistants, and student athlete team members not in the game, under control.

Since head coaches were first allowed to stand to coach back in ancient times (back when it was, as far as I'm concerned, a real seatbelt rule), even before the new written warning rule, one word by me to the head coach about some problems with his bench and the possibility that he could be standing, brought an instant and immediate end to any shenanigans on the bench, or in the bench area, even if I couldn't specifically identify the individual culprits on the bench. Few coaches want to sit and coach.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 30, 2020 at 04:06pm.