Thread: Ts and More Ts
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 30, 2020, 11:11am
Esteemed Forum Member

Check In ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Man View Post
Many teams around here send their starters for quarters to table to "check in". Not something I choose to worry about
When in Rome ...

I believe that by rule only the quarter "starters" who weren't players who finished the previous quarter, who are now substitutes, have to check in (during halftime any team representative can check them in).

I choose not to "worry about" substitutes who check in, or don't check in, during the intermission between quarters, unless it's very obvious to me that they checked in after the fifteen second warning horn (for whom I make sit out at the table for the next opportunity to substitute). Other than those, I really can't keep track of who finished the previous quarter and who is starting the subsequent quarter, and who checked in, or didn't check in. A substitute coming out of the intermission (or even a timeout) team huddle who walks directly onto the court without checking in probably wouldn't get my attention, or any adjudication, in my game.

If that's the worst thing that I do officiating in that game that night, I can live with that, have an enjoyable ride home, and sleep well that night.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 30, 2020 at 04:06pm.