View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 23, 2020, 06:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Eaten Alive ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Facebook has a lot of basketball officiating groups now that include a lot more video and also participation by NBA and Division 1 basketball officials. The former men's NCAA Division 1 supervisor participates in one or two of these groups. They have moderators who are less tolerant of off-topic discussions, posts, and replies. At least one of those groups is run by somebody who no longer posts here ... Jeff also has his own group on Facebook, which is almost all completely video driven. People in these different groups are usually expected the answer per their level of officiating or rule set. There is one Facebook group that says they are specifically targeting NFHS rules.
So your'e saying that The Forum is no longer (maybe never was) the best of the best?

I may have to join Facebook. Really don't want to, already spend way too much time on my computer for basketball, kayaking, backyard chickens, and my prison ministry.

Funny thing is both my son and daughter-in-law teach classes in social media, my son at Syracuse in the Sociology Department, and my daughter-in-law at Hofstra in the Journalism Department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I don't participate in that group because he's a d!ck head.
Both my son and daughter-in-law have advised me to stay away from Facebook because they believe that I'm too polite and that I would get eaten alive.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 24, 2020 at 10:18am.