View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 22, 2020, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

My Fox 40 Whistle Mask arrived over the weekend. I did get to work a couple matches last week and wore a mask using a standard whistle underneath the mask. The mask I wore was one that went over the ears. To talk, I had to put the whistle, through my mask, away from my face. This was not that big of a deal although by the end of the second match, the back of my ears where the mask straps sit starting hurting a bit from pulling on my mask so much. What I noticed about the Fox 40 Whistle Mask is that the straps are over the head. I personally don't prefer this style of mask but it would not hurt my ears if I had to work a tournament. Also, the whistle clips inside the mask. There is plenty of room to "spit" out your whistle to talk to someone through the mask and then pretty easily put the whistle back in your mouth without ever removing the mask. On the downside, taking off the mask to drink some water is a bit more difficult with an over the head mask instead of a behind the ears mask.

Just thought I would share my observations.