View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 15, 2020, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

First, I just wanted to let everyone know that all of the information I am providing is for NCAA-W.

The 28-foot mark is there as a guideline for the bench area when a timeout is granted. This area is from the 28-foot line to end line and goes from the chair area to first lane line closest to the teams bench. As for the tick marks opposite of the 28-foot mark those are used for the opition to advance when the offense calls a timeout under 59.9. Also, it serves a dual purpopse for a throw when there is a kick ball by the defense and a single foul by the defense in which the offense has a throw in.

The LDB, Lower Defensive Box, tick marks are used for the kick/fisted ball by the defense and a single foul committed by the defense.

All throw-ins will occur at one of the four spots, 28-foot mark, 28-foot mark opposotie of the bench, two LDB tick mraks, closes to where the said violation or foul took place. The use of the diagram that was in place regarding throw-ins still is used. These spots are just where they take place.

I hope this information helps.