View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 15, 2020, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
So these endline tickmarks have a throwin purpose? I thought they were for the Lower Defensive Box used in NCAA women's rules.

The Lower Defensive Box also referred to as the LDB is an imaginary box on the floor that uses four marks the two tick marks on the endline and both second Lane space marks on the free-throw Lane as reference points this box is used to determine a player control or blocking foul on a secondary defender located in the restricted area when a player with the ball starts her move from within the LDB there is no restricted area otherwise when a player with the ball starts her move from outside the LDB the restricted area rule is still in effect.
They are for the women's LDB and when the new rule came out they told us to use those marks as a guide for the endline demarcation throw-ins. I actually don't know if men's "requires" those tickmarks but those are the marks we are told to use. And since almost all college floors are used for men's and women's games that wasn't a problem.

And I believe NCAA-W has since adopted the men's rule about lines of demarcation and throw-in spots.