View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 15, 2020, 10:41am
Esteemed Forum Member

The Lower Defensive Box ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
You can also see the two tickmarks on the endline. Those three marks along with the "big" 28-foot line tableside are the four throw-in spots for all frontcourt throw-ins except those after OOB violations ...
So these endline tickmarks have a throwin purpose? I thought they were for the Lower Defensive Box used in NCAA women's rules.

The Lower Defensive Box also referred to as the LDB is an imaginary box on the floor that uses four marks the two tick marks on the endline and both second Lane space marks on the free-throw Lane as reference points this box is used to determine a player control or blocking foul on a secondary defender located in the restricted area when a player with the ball starts her move from within the LDB there is no restricted area otherwise when a player with the ball starts her move from outside the LDB the restricted area rule is still in effect.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)