View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 07, 2020, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Boys and girls cross country. Staggered starts and finishes to maintain social distancing.
Huh? So I guess that means no passing either Once the race begins, runners will be near each other big time.

I get that it is outdoors and distancing can be normal during a race. But, what sport involves more heavy breathing and close proximity to other participants over all others? My guess is CC. Runners are gasping all over the place, expelling all kinds of respiratory fluids. Spitting has also been mentioned. Seems like a recipe for transmission. They have such ritualistic testing for pros, why do they not implement similar practices at the lower levels, such as NCAA/NFHS events? They do not need to do the exact, high-cost testing, but at least something. I envision trainers performing simple testing and oversight for all the athletes. Once cleared, allow full play. Schools perform such tests, although they are very basic and mostly consist of answering questions. I could see HS sports being done normally under these practices. Same goes for officials. Maybe once testing becomes super-easy this will happen.