View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 27, 2020, 05:13pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Last month, my Arbiter session for my phone had expired. I had trouble logging back and had to use my desktop session to reset my password. I now wonder if my login issue was related to the breach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoebler View Post
It really bothered me that they knew about the data breach in mid July and took almost a month and a half to inform people. Very frustrating
It's possible that there was an investigation into the breach and that Arbiter LLC had to wait for that to reach the point where they could disclose something definitive about what happened.

At least they notified users. Years ago, Honig's apparently had a breach of their online store data and didn't bother notifying customers. I only found out by chance when I read something online that that a state's attorney general either sued or threaten to sue them over their failure to notify customers from their state. I strongly suspect my card at the time was one of the ones compromised because I bought something from their online store around that time and my card was compromised the next day.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball