View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 23, 2020, 01:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Consensus ...

6.4.1 SITUATION C: Following the jump between A1 and B1 to start the first quarter, the jump ball: (b) is touched simultaneously by A2 and B2 and it then goes out of bounds; (c) is simultaneously controlled by A2 and B2; In (b) and (c), A2 and B2 will jump in the center restraining circle regardless of where the ball went out or where the held ball occurred.(4-12-1; 4-28-1)

So, after over sixty posts in this thread, are we all agreed that these two specific situations (above) are the only two specific situations where the rules designate jumpers, who cannot be replaced, or substituted for (unless injured, bleeding, disqualified)?

And that in all other possible jump ball situations, jumpers may be replaced (a player already on the floor), or substituted for (eligible substitutes, i.e., sit a tick, where appropriate, i.e., overtime jump ball).

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Aug 23, 2020 at 02:01pm.