View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 05, 2020, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Not in Michigan. MHSAA is clear. Assigners can collect fee from the league or from the schools, or they can charge officials and assigning fee, but NOT both. Schools also pay officials. Assigners are prohibited from getting pay for the officials and passing it on to the officials.

Personally, I charge the schools a flat fee for assigning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The only thing we paid for in Illinois was the Arbiter site which was like $7 to use the site. We never paid for any fee for games, at least not that we can account for.

In Indiana, we pay nothing but dues to the association. The Association takes care of all the assigning and the site usages, which used to be Arbiter but now is Eventlink.

Peace
I should clarify that the only assigning structures I've worked under at the high school level are ones where the "associations" are also the assigners (and in South Carolina all varsity games are assigned by the state office). So I was referring to the fact that a portion of my dues/registration is going to the assigner as compensation. And I know the local associations I have been a member of always charge the schools a booking fee - as they should. If schools don't want to pay to have officials booked, they should book them themselves.

Schools don't self-affiliate with conferences down here so there are no individual league assigners.

I have never written a check directly to a high school assigner as an assigning fee like I have at the college level. At the college level the assigners are most certainly collecting fees from their officials and their league or individual schools (not to mention the camp money).