View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 03, 2020, 03:15pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Proactive ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I'm trying to prepare all of us for something that we may have to deal with this upcoming season.
I just discussed my post with my son. If Forum members haven't seen many kneeling protests over the past few seasons, especially kneeling protests involving officials, get ready for a lot more this upcoming season due to the invigorated Black Lives Matter movement and its support by professional sports leagues (NBA, WNBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, NWSL, NASCAR, NFL), including game officials.

Don't be surprised by it. Get ready. How will you personally handle it? Will it be part of your pregame, or discussed with game site administrators? How will your state handle it? How will your local organization handle it?

Officials can be brave and patriotic by standing, or can be brave and patriotic by kneeling. Just know that people will be watching, and that it may effect your game that night (coaches, players, fans), and your relationships with colleagues (partners).

Outside of guidelines from my local board, my default will probably be to stand, but I may really want to kneel. A lot will depend on my partners. I'm really not very brave.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Aug 03, 2020 at 03:41pm.