View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 30, 2020, 05:55pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
They were never on our jerseys before 9-11. I got pushed into that rightfully or wrongfully. I went along with that display which has caused more issues than you might realize. That was a political statement. It was not necessary before. So yes it was political. This is political on some level or because of social justice in itself it political. Divide who again? At least in basketball, a vast majority of the players are of one race who might feel very different than you do and in football, most of the top players (At the D1 level) are certain people that have been affected by things in this society. If that bothers you, get over it, they are doing it anyway. It also says that it has to be approved by the institution, so there are a lot of steps before it ends up on the court. I say that because people like me do not care what now divides us when we have been divided for years and decades. The funeral of John Lewis made that clear today alone. I am not threatened by social issues that need to be addressed with the people that look like me. Good for the NCAA, but they have other issues to deal with from my point of view. This is at least a good step.

Peace

I'm with you. I resisted the whole flag thing when it involved patches. I showed up and my partners would say "patch or no patch" and they'd give me the stink eye when I'd say "It's no patch tonight. I don't have flag patches." Eventually it was easier to just get flags than deal with crews that thought I wasn't patriotic enough cause I had to remind everyone what country I was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro