View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 30, 2020, 05:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlesAndStripes View Post
We don’t put flags on as a political statement. We put flags on because we live in the United States of America.

Adding social justice messages only serves to divide us.
They were never on our jerseys before 9-11. I got pushed into that rightfully or wrongfully. I went along with that display which has caused more issues than you might realize. That was a political statement. It was not necessary before. So yes it was political. This is political on some level or because of social justice in itself it political. Divide who again? At least in basketball, a vast majority of the players are of one race who might feel very different than you do and in football, most of the top players (At the D1 level) are certain people that have been affected by things in this society. If that bothers you, get over it, they are doing it anyway. It also says that it has to be approved by the institution, so there are a lot of steps before it ends up on the court. I say that because people like me do not care what now divides us when we have been divided for years and decades. The funeral of John Lewis made that clear today alone. I am not threatened by social issues that need to be addressed with the people that look like me. Good for the NCAA, but they have other issues to deal with from my point of view. This is at least a good step.

Peace