View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 29, 2020, 12:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Leave The Driving To Us ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefsNCoaches View Post
What good is that do? I mean, your keeping the kids "at home" by having them play at their own school, sure (i.e bubble)...
Yeah, it's the "bubble" philosophy, makes contact tracing easier.

There are also a few advocates of families doing all the driving, thus avoiding buses, for interscholastic sports.

Many parents and most teachers here in Connecticut seem to want to start the school year with either on-line learning, or a hybrid model (both in school and online), few want to start the school year in school.

Our governor and school superintendents are going to have to make some tough decisions in a few weeks and I just don't see fall interscholastic sports happening here in Connecticut.

Keep in mind that Connecticut, while starting out the "plague" in terrible shape, is in much better shape now than most of the rest of the country. Positive cases keep going down, deaths keep going down, hospitalizations keep going down, testing keeps going up, positivity rate is now well under 1%.

And yet, we're not sure if schools (and interscholastic sports), or bars, will open in September.

Things were horrible here for a few weeks, obituary pages in the newspapers were overflowing with names, everybody knew somebody who died from the virus, yet we couldn't go to their wakes or funerals because churches and funeral homes were closed.

We've learned our lesson, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jul 29, 2020 at 02:17pm.