View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 28, 2020, 03:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Spittle Bag ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
What benefit is that whistle cover in preventing dissemination of droplets from breathing through the mouth and nose?
It doesn't.

This "spittle bag" just prevents the official from forcibly spraying possibly virus containing respiratory droplets several feet away (possibly more than six feet) when the whistle is sounded.

Remember that sound is nothing more than waves of compressed air, the louder the sound, the more compressed the waves are, the farther the sound travels, and the farther possibly virus containing respiratory droplets can travel from their source, i.e., the lungs via the whistle.

Imagine the red lines in this image represent possibly virus containing respiratory droplet spray.

That's why here in Connecticut the Catholic Church (not the State) isn't allowing singing at masses (even with masks). Singing tends to be louder than regular talking, and can more easily spread possibly virus containing respiratory droplets.

We still haven't opened up bars here in Connecticut. There are many, many reasons why bars seem to be super spreaders of the virus, one of them is the loud talking of people talking over the sound of the music, or loud noise in sports bars. For that reason Connecticut is considering limiting the background noise (no music) in bars once it's decided to open them. Loud talking results in a greater spread of the virus, not observed to the same extent with softer, quieter talking.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Jul 28, 2020 at 03:27pm.