View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 26, 2020, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Anyone else a little nervous.

So have only seen one thread on this forum about a startup of youth basketball. In Kansas I believe. There was talk about limiting fans, gloves, masks etc. I am now seeing Fox 40 adds for eletctronic whistles , whistles in masks and other types of whistles that are aimed at keeping us officials and the kids safe. I'm not ready to get in there even if they start up games (which have begun recently in NH I believe ). Feel as if basketball may be one of the worst sports for contact between the kids, coaches and officials. Its all well and good in the NBA and WNBA which are in highly controlled bubbles. But the people that run off season stuff like summer leagues and AAU are only in it for the money. I'm guessing that its business as usual for how they run their touraments. Not worth a lousy $30 per game to take a chance on contracting a virus. I'm acctually surprised that they can get enough willing officials for something like that during this pandemic. Now I'm over 65 with a respritory condition so we've been ultra careful around here. Wondering what the general feeling of the forum is about startup and safety etc. I will say I miss blowing the whistle quite a bit.