View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 24, 2020, 08:49am
Esteemed Forum Member

Ageless Players ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Whenever I've worked solo, I paid no attention to table/opposite. I would start a throwin on the side with the ball and I would roam as needed based on the play. I'd go endline if needed. I'd cross over the top if needed to see a far corner play.
Tried that a few times. Eventually settled on crossing the basketline to see far corner plays but always returned to opposite table when possible (like a lead rotating to get a good look at a matchup and then going back in a two-person game). If I couldn't get back due to a quick turnover, I stayed on that side and got back when I could. Also occasionally tried getting down to the endline (big mistake), technically one should physically be able to get from the endline (old lead) position to the (new) trail position, but that's usually in a two-person game where one has a partner to catch stuff at the front of the play.

To each his own. If one has the ability to run like a gazelle and keep up with these athletic young players (who stay the same age every year as we get older), then hey, go for it, it will make for a better officiated game. These guidelines, especially the floor coverage guidelines, are not chiseled in stone.

Note: Sounds like Camron Rust deserves the 150% game fee if it's offered in his area.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jul 24, 2020 at 11:04am.