View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 11, 2020, 02:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Stupid NFHS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
It's just such a poorly written rule.
Changing team control from only inbounds to also include out of bounds during a throwin, coupled with the exception for backcourt violations during a throwin, has to be the biggest fiasco ever by the NFHS. If not ever, than certainly during the forty years that I've been officiating.

I think that it's a good rule change, I get it, but the NFHS has had trouble putting in writing, with at least two Points of Emphasis, and several annual interpretations, that still don't do a great job of fully explaining the rule, and that's topped off with the cherry of not putting it permanently into the actual rule book for everyone, especially rookies, to see every year.

These Points of Emphasis and annual interpretations are simply "patches" and aren't really permanent fixes.

Stupid NFHS.

Why not make the throwin team control legal for everything (say that the thrower has player control) with no exception for backcourt? Throwins from a frontcourt sideline or endline can only be legally passed into the frontcourt. Many ignorant fans already think that that's the actual rule.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jul 11, 2020 at 05:33pm.