View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 08, 2020, 10:45am
Esteemed Forum Member

Who Wants To Hear About My Colonoscopy ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
If masks work, why do we need to social distance? ... If you or someone you live with has a condition that puts you at risk, stay home or mask up by all means ...
Here in Connecticut we wear masks when we can't socially distance. I can easily socially distance when talking to neighbors outside (we can easily chat while ten feet apart), or when paddling with my kayak group, so I don't wear my mask. But it's difficult to socially distance when at the grocery store, so I wear my mask.

I'm not a hermit, but I still haven't gone back to the gym, or to church. These are not necessary activities for me, they're indoors, they might carry some inherent risk, and there are safer alternatives. Instead of the gym, I can walk, ride my bike, or paddle my kayak (all without a mask). Instead of going to church, I can view my local mass on the internet, and pray at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
For those who ... say that those who are at risk should stay home and shelter in place, many don't have that luxury. Maybe they're considered essential workers and have to work, or maybe they have to work to pay their bills, and are front-line workers that can't work from home.
Over the past week, I've taken two COVID-19 tests (one regular, one rapid). Both came back negative (or, as President Trump said, "I tested positively toward negative”). But that was just a snapshot in time. I will still wear my mask to protect others, at the grocery store because it's a private business and they can make their own rules to protect their employees (and other customers), and when I visit my adult children and grandchildren (including a newborn grandson) because I care about them.

Why did I have to take the rapid test (the one where they probe for the virus way up your nose into your brain)? Because the regular test was held up because the labs have been told to prioritize test results from Florida and Texas.

Thanks Texas. Because of you cowboys, I almost didn't have my colonoscopy procedure after doing all that horrible colon cleansing prep routine.

By the way, the probe way up my nose into my brain was more painful than the probe up my (it was a colonoscopy). Of course I was fast asleep for the later, and got some nice photos for my Christmas cards.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jul 08, 2020 at 12:04pm.