Thread: ZebraWeb
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 21, 2020, 09:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I am an adult, not a middle-schooler. I shouldn't have to give a reason for a block, I am either available or not. I realize being assigned a game is a private matter, and if I refuse to give a reason for a block I may not games. I will gladly take that chance, rather than subject myself to the whims of an assignor to judge the suitability of the reason for a block.
Wouldn't this depend on who you work for? Now you are right, you are an adult. But if let us say an assignor wants to know on a Saturday if you are available at 1:00 pm and they want to know if your game is at a time or location, then that information might help them to offer you a game. I guess you do not have to list that information, but I know for a fact that happens. So if you are blocked only at a certain time but want to work later in the day, the information is for them. Now on Arbiter, we were asked to do similar things if we wanted to, but if I did not want to work I would just put down closed and give no reason.

Now with BlueZebra which is used by college assignors, they are asking us to list game time and location so they can do things to accommodate changes. So if I am in a specific location and is right around the corner from another situation, I might get asked if I want to make even more money later in the day. Or they might ask you to move to another location at a different time. I never have issues with this, but then again those are much bigger checks.

Peace